Saturday, November 15, 2014

Night and Fog


I was able to watch in full the documentary entitled “Night and Fog.”  I chose a scene in part two where the narrator was describing the old brick buildings that looked abandoned.  He explained how people would be tortured in these buildings and on the outside of the buildings; the air vents were not soundproof.  This building, although a prison, and torture was happening on a daily basis, the actual building structure took me back to my childhood neighborhood.  It reminded me of the abandoned buildings I used to run in and play with my friends.  But it also reminded me of the illegal activities that was formed in these buildings.  Comparing and contrasting the documentary with actual 1980’s lifestyle and evens, it seemed that torture continued within these buildings.  This scene shows history repeating itself, and this is why it was chosen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment