Sunday, September 21, 2014


”Immediate certainty does not make the truth its own, for its truth is something universal, whereas certainty wants to deal with the This. Perception, on the other hand, takes what exists for it to be a universal.”

 

This is an interesting quote I took from “The Phenomenal Mind.”  I considered it to be direct and to the point.  I think this passage means there is no believing without seeing, but understanding that there is another element which allows one to believe without seeing.  By saying “the truth is universal” is saying that the universe has an element which is unexplainable to some, but understandable to most.

 

I picked this passage because throughout the reading, it seemed to me as if the writer is looking for an outlet.  Asking for the truth, but not realizing the truth is there.  I don’t like how he uses the word “perception” because the truth is not sight on vision, it sets free and brings clarity to perception.     

No comments:

Post a Comment